- Q. Are all of the hook and loop products you offer on your website genuine VELCRO® Brand Products?
- A.Yes, Industrial Webbing Corporation is the largest distributor partner of VELCRO® Brand products in the world. We are Authorized Platinum level converter/distributors and work closely with the Velcro companies to provide the very best hook and loop products on the market today. However, we do offer a few hook and loop products that are manufactured by other companies. These offerings are for products that are not currently made by the Velcro companies.
- Q. What is Velcro?
- A. Velcro is not a product. “Velcro” is actually the name of a group of companies (including Velcro USA Inc) that manufactures a wide range of products. It’s also the brand name used to describe our products, for example, VELCRO® Brand hook and loop fasteners.
Q. What is hook and loop?
A. Hook and loop is a fastener closure system. The rough side is called hook. Its softer mate is called loop. The hooks engage into the loop and provide the closure mechanism. There are many forms and combinations of hook and loop as well as self-engaging and single-component technologies.
Q. What is a hook and loop fastener and hook and loop tape?
A. The most common name for VELCRO® Brand hook and loop and other products is hook and loop fasteners. Other names may include hook and loop closures, hook and pile fasteners, or touch fasteners. These fasteners use the hook and loop closure system and are found as tape, dots, ties, and more. Hook and loop tape refers to strips of fabric that use the hook and loop closure system. Other forms, such as dots or squares, are shaped pieces of fabric that use the hook and loop closure system.
Q. Can I just buy the hook?
A. Yes. Industrial Webbing Corporation offers business / industrial class products that are usually sold separately, so you can buy just one side or more of one side, depending on your application.
Q. How is hook and loop tape attached to a product?
A. There are a lot of ways to attach VELCRO® Brand hook and loop fasteners to your product, Fabric-backed hook and loop can be sewn to textiles and fabrics. It can be glued to a substrate (surface) using pressure-sensitive or solvent activated backings. It can be welded to itself or another fabric or even RF-sealed or applied using heat-activation. The right choice depends on the application and your requirements.
Q. How do we decide which adhesive will work best for our project?
A. Choosing the right adhesive depends on your product requirements and manufacturing processes. Industrial Webbing Corporation offers more than 30 years of expertise in the distribution of VELCRO® Brand products and our website offers downloadable guides to help aid in the selection process. Of course only you will know what works best for your application so talk to an expert and ask for samples to test on your application to be certain it will work for you.
Q. How do I use the VELCRO® Brand Adhesive for Plastics?
A. VELCRO® Brand Glue On Adhesive permanently bonds to a variety of porous and non-porous materials, including PVC, plastics, rubber, and leather.
Instructions: 1. Clean and dry surface before application. 2. Apply a thin, even coat to surface & press firmly. 3. Adhesive reaches maximum strength after 24 hours. Note: Use only in a well ventilated area. Keep away from flames, such as a pilot light, and any object that sparks. Keep out of reach of children.
Q. How do I remove the adhesive residue?
A. We recommend a citrus-based cleaner. There are several commercially available, as well as a product called Goo Gone® from Magic American Corporation of Cleveland, OH. For thick adhesive, you may need some elbow grease to get the residue off. We advise that you spot-test any remover before using and always clean off the surface after using any cleaner.
Q. How do I clean my dirty Velcro hook?
A. Cleaning debris out of the hooks is similar to cleaning hairbrushes – and using a stiff brush or another piece of hook are the best methods. It can take some effort – after all, the hooks in the tape are made to grab! The optimal solution is prevention: the hook portion should be covered at all times, so it does not grab onto anything it should not – like a blanket or hair. Always engage the hook and loop before washing to prevent the hook from picking up lint.
Q: Are VELCRO® Brand products found in retail stores available in larger size rolls?
A: Yes. Industrial Webbing Corporation specializes in matching a retail packaged products to larger industrial or business size roll. The retail packed part number can be found on the back of the packaging beginning with a “9”. We can cross-reference the number to a larger sized industrial rolls.
Q. Can I get custom-made straps or cut pieces of hook and loop?
A. Yes. Industrial Webbing Corporation offers many converting capabilities, from Custom Straps Fabrication, Cutting, Ultrasonic Welding, Die Cutting, Sewing and more. Talk to one of our fabrication experts today for more information about our extensive value added services.
Q. I need something that is not listed on your website.
A. We offer a line of the most popular VELCRO® Brand products on our website however, we stock hundreds of thousands of yards a various VELCRO® Brand products on site in our Boynton Beach, FL warehouses. We also have the capability of fabricating a custom or standard hook and loop part to specification.
Q. How can I obtain a certification (ROHs, Reach, Mil-Spec, Fire Retardant, phthalates, FDA, etc.), an MSDS, or other documentation on a VELCRO® Brand product.
A. Industrial Webbing Corporation can supply all product certifications offered by the Velcro companies and often has them on file for quick and easy distribution. Contact email@example.com for details.
Q. Can I purchase Military Specification hook and loop from Industrial Webbing Corporation?
A. Industrial Webbing Corporation stocks a full line of VELCRO® Brand Mil-Spec hook and loop fasteners. Call an speak to one of our sales associates or visit https://www.industrialwebbing.com/military-hook-and-loop/ for more information.
Q. How do I know I am purchasing a genuine VELCRO® Brand product?
A. The Velcro companies trusts a small group of distribution partners to supply their hook and loop products to North American customers. Doing business with one of the distributors or converters listed on the Velcro USA website would ensure you that you are getting genuine VELCRO® Brand products. Of course we would love to be your source for all things "Velcro" so please give us a call, email or shop online for the best customer service and guaranteed genuine VELCRO® Brand hook and loop products.
Q. I find that other companies put their name on what looks to be a Velcro companies product, why?
A. It's called Private Labeling and is useful if the company is trying to build it's own brand. Private Labeling should be or can be used when a independent company makes a unique product using VELCRO® Brand product components. For instance when you make a custom strap using VELCRO® Brand hook and loop fasteners. If a company does that at their own facility or independent of the Velcro companies, they could private label the product. Independent companies should never simply take a product manufactured by Velcro USA, or one of its affiliates and pass it off as their own product. That is simply a bait and switch that can be deceiving and sometimes dishonest particularly when the independent company now makes a claim that somehow the product should cost more or is better because it is now in their packaging.
VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Tape is one of the most common privately labeled products. Many companies put Velcro USA's product in their own bags and pass it off as their own product. Some companies have managed to demand a premium for their branded products over that of the VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Tape. The fact of the matter is simple, only Velcro USA Inc. makes VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Tape. No other company on earth manufacturers this product, so why pretend?
- Q. Is the shopping cart secure?
- A. Yes, INDUSTRIALWEBBING.COM adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including: 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions. Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information. Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Q. Is my information kept private?
- A. Yes it is. Your information is stored on our server until your order shipped and billed. We never share your information with any other organization.
- Q. Is there a minimum order requirement?
- A. Yes there are minimums associated with packaging on our products but unlike some of our competitors, we do not have a minimum order amount. You can order one roll of material from industrialwebbing.com
- Q. How quickly can you ship my order?
- A. We carry the largest inventory of VELCRO® Brand products so most online and phone orders ship the very same day.
- However, if an item is out of stock we will notify you via phone or email with an approximate ship date. Expedited shipping is available at an additional charge. Expedited orders must be placed by 3:30 PM EST. to be shipped the same day. We also offer free ground shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US on all Internet orders of $500 or more.
- Q. What is your Free Shipping Policy?
- A. We offer free ground shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US on all Internet orders of $500 Orders must be placed online to receive free shipping. Orders that are placed via phone, fax or email are not included in our free shipping promotion.
- Q. How do you calculate shipping charges?
- A. The shipping charges are calculated based on the delivery rates of UPS. Estimated charges are applied during the check out process. The actual charges are applied at time of shipping.
- Q. Are expedited shipments covered by the free shipping policy?
- A. Expedited shipments do not apply to the free shipping policy.
- Q. Does free shipping apply to all the items sold online?
- A. Free shipping does not apply to special order items that are not available for purchase online, for custom cutting orders and for VELTEX® Brand, TEMPO® Brand, and webbing products.
- Q. What happens if I order the wrong material?
- A. Items must be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase. You will be responsible for the freight charges on any returns or exchanges. If you are returning an incorrectly ordered item, you must call 800-635-5252 for a return authorization number. A 15% restocking fee will be subtracted from your credit. Special orders and cut orders are not returnable. We cannot accept any returns without an RMA.
- Q. What forms of payment are accepted?
- A. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express & Discover. Additionally, personal checks are accepted, and the merchandise will ship when the check has cleared. NET 30 day terms (open accounts) are available subject to approval. If you are interested in completing a credit application, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.